According to a press release by the human rights advocacy group, Berlin Postkolonial, the state-funded Foundation of Prussian Cultural Heritage (SPK) has agreed to start provenance research and preparation to repatriate more than 1,000 human remains stolen from Tanzania, Ruanda and Burundi, 1885-1918. Thousands of human remains plundered from former German colonies remain captive in archives and personal collections in Germany.
- Transatlantic Dynamics in Ongoing Postcolonial Negotiations
- Over 1,000 human remains from Tanzania, Ruanda, Burundi to be returned
- Nama and Herero Representatives Meet US Court Judge
- Full Stipend to study “Colonial Photographs from the Herero and Nama Genocide at Hamburg’s Ethnological Museum”
- Advocate Vekuii Rukoro Strongly Refutes Mr. Polenz’s Distortions About OvaHerero and Nama Reparation Claims